5/17/2014

The importance of sentiments

I've made this card for the current Fusion card challenge. I decided to go for the color scheme: black and yellow. Classical and easy, right? Not so!!!!! I fund it very hard, working with this colors. Dońt know why.

It was a bit blah. I decided to try adding a bit of sparkle on the biger flowers.

Still blah. So I made a second one. Again, not fully satisfied with it.

So I got back to my first one and decided to add a sentiment. And there it was. PERFECT. Funny, and full of joy, and flowers and spring. And CAS enough. Love it in the end.



Detail of the sparkle (glitter)



The flowers are from the Blissful Botanicals stamp set (Lawn Fawn) and the sentiment, which is quite fun, also from Lawn Fawn (Penelope's Blossom). The yellow strip was created using Stampin'up Crushed Curry. The glitter is ... from Switzerland, ha!
This one, as the previous, was made with flower stamps so that it also goes to the OLS current challenge (Fabulous Flowers)

As it respects the rule of thirds (great rule, by the way) it goes to the CAS-ual Fridays as well.

6 comments:

  1. Love the whimsical feel of this pretty card! So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ardyth, you are the Queen of CAS for me, so his comment from you really make me happy!

      Delete
  2. This SUPER CAS Lawn fawn set beauty really catches my CAS loving eyes!!!
    Thanks for joining us at FUSION again....and again, love that you entered a few times, I DID too!!!!

    hugz Kimberly Wiener

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberly! And I do count on entering again. And again. And, probably, again :)

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain ... I had a hard time with the colors, so I took the easy way out and went for the Fusion sketch. Way to go on hanging in there, as your card really turned out well. Love your use of the tiny stamps too. Thanks so much for joining both the Fusion and CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your easy way out produced such a great result!!!! Thank you for stoping by

      Delete